Let's Ride!

GREEN LIGHT RED LIGHT - My first novel, November 2007. Learn more on MY BOOKS.

MOTOCROSS MANIA - We're writing the manuscript--Grab your helmet. Don't have one? We'll make one up! After all, we're talking fiction. Leave a comment! Meet the characters! Learn motocross facts. There's more on MY BOOKS.


Jan 8, 2011

JOSH'S THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING AFRAID

I haven't posted for a while, but I'm back now, ready to talk more often. I crave your comments--Talking to myself is boring!

Grandma told me about a high school shooting last week in her town, Omaha, Nebraska. A popular principal and assistant principal were shot, and the assist died. The principal's pastor sent a message to the newspaper, with words about fear. Read some of his thoughts below.

"In the wake of such a tragedy, we are left with significant questions about spiritual matters.... Many students will go back to school and ask, "Am I safe? Should I be afraid?" ... One evil act can demonstrate just how fragile life is....

"3,000 years ago, King David was on the run from evil men and asked some similar questions. Here was what he wrote to God in Psalm 17:1-3.
'The LORD is my light and my salvation.Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?
When evildoers assail me to threaten my body,
It will be my enemies and foes who stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me, my heart will not be afraid.
Though war rise against me, I will still be confident.'


'David's... confidence was only  in God...nowhere else. And this just makes sense. God is the only unchanging thing in this world. God is the only thing that transcends life and death. There is nowhere else to find hope and stability....
' The truth is that there are no assurances that we are safe from gunmen today. We are not safe from invading armies, terrorists, or disease. Any of them might strike at any minute. Our confidence, hope, and assurance is only in the heart of a God who is unchanging, sovereign and good.... Knowing the source of comfort makes you a great comforter....
'So approach this day with confidence because of the security we have in God....'"
Excerpts of a letter to the Omaha World Herald, Omaha, Nebraska by Pastor Mark Ashton, Christ Community Church. Email me at audrey4j@YAHOO.COM for a copy of his complete message.

No comments: