Let's Ride!

GREEN LIGHT RED LIGHT - My first novel, November 2007. Learn more on MY BOOKS.

MOTOCROSS MANIA - We're writing the manuscript--Grab your helmet. Don't have one? We'll make one up! After all, we're talking fiction. Leave a comment! Meet the characters! Learn motocross facts. There's more on MY BOOKS.


Jan 13, 2011

FOIL THE CRIMINALS!

Josh wrote the last two posts, but there's one problem--Josh is a fictional character! Go figure. So who's writing these posts?  You guessed--I'm writing them!!! Once I became a fiction writer, I found I was capable of fictionalizing anything!

Anyone can use the idea God dropped into my brain to advertise my books, and keep my credit card safe too. Go ahead and use my stuff--I'm giving it to you, no strings.

Safe, Easy, Cheap advertising
Fits In Your Wallet


You've probably heard that criminals scan our credit cards and passports in our wallets.  Unless we've shielded the card's magnetic strip with TINFOIL. Or spent a fortune on one of those HEAVY dudes for sale on the Internet or at WalMart. Mine sell for only 75 cents, and materials cost about 10 cents. Prices will increase if I go to commercial laminating. Time needed--3 minutes!

You know how it works--Thugs use the same scanner you swipe your card on in the store. They can lift your numbers from a distance of two or three feet, and you'll never find out who stole your identity.


Here's just one link on how scammers scan. I  surfed the Net and found several websites and lots of information. This link mentions tinfoil as a good block to RFID scanners.
http://www.idstronghold.com/?gclid=COLaosemwKYCFYXD7QodeyBsHw

FOIL THE CRIMINALS!
These little gems help spread the word to your friends, your parents, teachers, anyone you want to impress with your extreme maturity and ability to spot/solve a problem a mile away. I plan to use them as gifts at book signings, tucked into a bill I'm paying, wherever. I gave one to my doctor yesterday!


TAKE THREE EASY STEPS TO SAFETY!
STEP ONE--COVER. Lay two business cards face up, about 1/8-inch apart. Laminate with clear packing tape, allowing a small margin to fold over the outside edges. Press the little margin in place.

STEP TWO--FOIL LINING. Place a double thickness of heavy duty tinfoil on the back side. Grab scissors and trim to fit. Use more packing tape (or duct tape) to laminate foil in place. Allow another small margin to fold over the outside edges if you're using packing tape. Otherwise, cut duct tape to the same size as the card. Make sure all tape is sealed.

STEP THREE--FOLD CARDS together to make a pouch. Tape the ends if desired. (I left mine open.) Insert into a slot of your wallet. The user will think of you every time s/he uses the SAFE credit card.


EMAIL ME AT audrey4j@yahoo.com AND I'LL SEND YOU ONE. OR EMAIL ME WITH YOUR HOME ADDRESS. I'LL SEND AS MANY AS YOU NEED, UP TO 10, IN EXCHANGE FOR A DONATION. (Mailings to U.S. only.)




It would take just a minute to place a comment here. And you'd help me a lot--you know how that works.




http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?ID=1000098570    Click  here to worship with 35,000 teens/young adults at the Onething Conference in Kansas City two weeks ago. Fun! Fun! Fun!

No comments: