Let's Ride!

GREEN LIGHT RED LIGHT - My first novel, November 2007. Learn more on MY BOOKS.

MOTOCROSS MANIA - We're writing the manuscript--Grab your helmet. Don't have one? We'll make one up! After all, we're talking fiction. Leave a comment! Meet the characters! Learn motocross facts. There's more on MY BOOKS.


Nov 10, 2011

WHO KNEW?

Do you sincerely believe you can do something wrong and hide evidence where no one will find it? Or do you agree with me that if you sin someone will find out about it, possibly the entire world. It may take years, but sooner or later the truth will come out.

The fire storm at Penn State University this week helps prove my point. That wicked assistant coach had his way for many years, but he was found out, and he will be punished.

Where did I get my view? I don't remember when my parents first quoted Numbers 32:23: "Be sure your sin will find you out." They didn't bother checking the context  for the verse. They quoted it to keep me in line.

Since then I've learned the verse is not a threat to little children. I no longer develop fear chills over reminders that God is always watching me, either. At age five I grabbed I John 4:8, "God is love." I printed it everywhere my five-year-old fingers could reach. This three-word gem has held my faith firm and steady all these years.

Guess what streamed through my mind yesterday as the horrible Penn State story zinged around the world. "Be sure your sin will find you out."

With that thought came the reminder of how many times the above verses have proven true in my life, and perpetrators against me were found out. You and I could tell many tales of how someone kicked us to the curb with steel-toed boots. The bad memories sometimes haunt us for years. Finally I started acting on my belief that the God of the Universe truly does see everything, and He loves and cares for His own. Especially when I forgive the perpetrators. I quoted I Samuel 17:47: "The battle is the Lords."

We can learn peace of mind and find answers for our problems when we leave the battle to the Lord. Does our Heavenly Father want His children worrying? No. What does He desire for us? That we spend our time worshiping and praising Him.

"Come unto me all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

Do you agree with my opinion, as stated in the first paragraph? email me at audrey4j@yahoo.com, or comment below.


No comments: